Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Past Works: Macmillan Children’s Illustrator Award for Africa 2008

I had the privilege of partaking in the recent Macmillan Children’s Illustrator Award for Africa. I submitted two versions of the the selected briefs I chose to work on. I was interested in seeing how I could use vector software CorelDRAW 12 to achieve the same level of illustration I could achieve by either painting in Photoshop or using watercolours.

Which version do you prefer?

The first illustration brief is about a girl named Wandi. Below is the watercolour illustration.



Here is the vector illustration version.



The second brief is about a newspaper boy called Ben.
Here is the Photoshop illustration, which was also selected as the winning entry.



And here is the vector version.
Which illustration do you like more?


No comments: