Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Recent Event: Illustration Commission Of Storybook In Native Language

If there is anything an illustrator dislikes, it's losing a commission. In my case, I handed over the illustration of a Yoruba storybook- Ijoba Inaki (Gorilla Government) due to an unavoidable distraction.

I was graciously invited as a honoured guest to the award ceremony for winning the Macmillan Africa Illustrator Award for 2008. The event will take place at Cape Town during the Cape Town Book Fair. Sadly, I was unable to make it. But the distraction took its toll and I had to hand over the project to another capable artist so my client's work would not be delayed. 

However, I had already knocked out two pencil drawings. They will now go into my portfolio of unused works.


The good people at Macmillan Publishers Ltd. were kind enough to ask for my acceptance speech. Someone will stand up to deliver it on my behalf.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Olusola, I am writing from Ghana. I will like to work with you on a project I am doing at the moment. I got your name from the Macmillan website. Do you visit Ghana? My emailis joabab@gmail.com. Please get in touch. Thanks.