Sunday, September 1, 2013

Past Work: Business Networks In Modern Africa

 
I recall when I decided to become a full-time illustrator over a decade ago. I started in a kitchenette inside a friend's office apartment. I knew no one and had next to no connections. My business could not even maintain a mobile phone (then, MTN rates were grossly prohibitive). 

Today, I maintain a fully equipped illustration & design studio with commissions from places I may never visit and people I have never met. I have been extremely fortunate. But most importantly, I find that I owe a lot to the internet- I.e. the e-mail service, online portfolios, e-money transactions and other internet related services and opportunities. 

The above illustration is my depiction of internet-related business in the modern Africa. Copyright 2013 Olusola Akinseye

No comments: